PROFESSIONAL THAI ADVANCED 3 DAY CARVING COURSE
Advanced students learn larger and more complex serving vessels, dragon, fish and bird designs, building upon the patterns learned in the previous courses. This level offers students the opportunity to incorporate their own personal style into the traditional forms learned thus far. More elegant floral forms can be explored at this stage, as well. Advanced carving projects are particularly tailored to reflect and accommodate the abilities, style, and goals of the students in each group. Deposit is required to reserve. Dates are flexible & can be changed with 30 days notice. Just contact us to make changes.
Course Hours: 9:00 until 16:00. A non-refundable deposit of 250$ is required for this course and is good for 1 full year from the payment date. You can pay in full before the start of the class.
- Proper preparation of squash for floral carving.
- 3 Flowers using squash.
- 3 Melon Centerpieces with a variety of flowers that incorporate a range of techniques for curves, zig-zag patterns, and complex angles.
- 2 HOUR REVIEW
- Watermelon Serving Bowl and Basket. Melons are used to create a serving bowl decorated with flowers, and a basket with handle and interior carvings of roses.
- 2 Geometric Floral Designs from large carrots.
- 2 Radish Flowers carved from large daikon radish. This technique results in a larger, more artistic and complex flower, building upon lessons learned in the Basic level.
- 2 HOUR REVIEW
- 2 Animal Designs carved from carrot — a duck and songbird.
- 3 Display Centerpieces carved from honeydew melons with flower, bird, and fish forms.
- 2 Elegant Flowers from beetroot – orchid and Chaba flower.
- The Team Challenges activity is available to groups only (20+ participants)
- Must be pre-booked in advance
- €13 per person
- Free 2 Nights Hotel Accommodation.
- FREE Handcrafted Professional Carving Knife Included.
- Bushcraft workshop learning basic survival skills
- Archery challenges on the range
- Low and high rope adventures up in the trees
- Toilets available on-site
- We can run extra sessions at a time to suit you. If you can’t easily find the date you’re after please contact us and we will be happy to help.
What's Not Included?
- Personal expenses
- Hotel transfer
What to expect
You will learn traditional Thai Carving patterns and floral designs to dress up your next dinner party or impress your "foodie" friends. Our Carving Academy prides itself on its quality of instruction, the uniqueness of the Thai cultural experience we offer and our commitment to customer satisfaction.
All tools and carving materials provided and guests as a special bonus receive a free Thai Carving Knife.
Unlimited Snacks and Beverages are also provided during class.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
Siam Carving Academy is only a 5-minute walk from the Sutthisan MRT subway station. Take exit 2 turn right and walk to 1st street, and turn left 100 meters to Soi Rung Ruang, turn left then walk to the end of the street and make a right turn by Family Mart for 20 meters, and immediate left. Walk 500 meters past the Seven Eleven and you will see P.D. Mansion on the same side.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number +66 82 200 1197