Professional Thai Intermediate 3 Day Carving Course
Intermediate students learn complex flower designs in squash, radish, carrot, and beet. This level also introduces 6 centerpiece melon carving techniques, as well as 2 serving vessel types. Geometric patterns and animal carving techniques are also taught in the intermediate level, in addition to more elegant floral forms. As always, we attempt to tailor each course to reflect and accommodate the abilities and goals of the students within it. Deposit is required to reserve. FREE Handcrafted Professional Carving Knife Included.
- Proper preparation of squash for floral carving.
- 3 Flowers using squash.
- 3 Melon Centerpieces with a variety of flowers that incorporate a range of techniques for curves, zig-zag patterns, and complex angles.
- 2 HOUR REVIEW
- Watermelon Serving Bowl and Basket. Melons are used to create a serving bowl decorated with flowers, and a basket with handle and interior carvings of roses.
- 2 Geometric Floral Designs from large carrots.
- 2 Radish Flowers carved from large daikon radish. This technique results in a larger, more artistic and complex flower, building upon lessons learned in the Basic level.
- 2 HOUR REVIEW
- 2 Animal Designs carved from carrot — a duck and songbird.
- 3 Display Centerpieces carved from honeydew melons with flower, bird, and fish forms.
- 2 Elegant Flowers from beetroot – orchid and Chaba flower.
Dates are flexible & can be changed with 30 days notice. Just contact us to make changes.
Course Hours: 9 PM to 12 PM
1 PM to 4 PM
A non-refundable deposit of 250$ is required for this course and is good for 1 full year from the payment date. You can pay in full before the start of the class.
Hi, I’m Larry. Booking a group course is super easy 🙂 Just let us know the course you are interested and the time so we can book you on.
You can also reach me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call me on
+66 82 200 1197 / + 66 94 342 1818
better still, come in and visit us.
Committed to Culinary World
Siam Carving Academy (SCA) welcomes students from all over the world to learn the culinary art of Kae Sa Lak (Fruit and Vegetable Carving). Our courses are directed by International award-winning and distinguished Master Carver Wan Hertz.
Wan Hertz and her team brings over 30 years of experience and a lifelong passion for the very sophisticated Thai Culinary Art of Fruit & Vegetable Carving to our instruction.