Professional Advanced 3 Day Carving Course
Advanced students learn larger and more complex serving vessel, dragon, fish and bird designs, building upon the patterns learned in the previous courses. This level offers students the opportunity to incorporate their own personal style into the traditional forms learned thus far. More elegant floral forms can be explored at this stage, as well. Advanced carving projects are particularly tailored to reflect and accommodate the abilities, style, and goals of the students in each group. Deposit is required to reserve. FREE Handcrafted Professional Carving Knife Included
- Proper preparation of squash for floral carving.
- 3 Flowers using squash.
- 3 Melon Centerpieces with a variety of flowers that incorporate a range of techniques for curves, zig-zag patterns, and complex angles.
- 2 HOUR REVIEW
- Watermelon Serving Bowl and Basket. Melons are used to create a serving bowl decorated with flowers, and a basket with handle and interior carvings of roses.
- 2 Geometric Floral Designs from large carrots.
- 2 Radish Flowers carved from large daikon radish. This technique results in a larger, more artistic and complex flower, building upon lessons learned in the Basic level.
- 2 HOUR REVIEW
- 2 Animal Designs carved from carrot — a duck and songbird.
- 3 Display Centerpieces carved from honeydew melons with flower, bird, and fish forms.
- 2 Elegant Flowers from beetroot – orchid and Chaba flower.
Dates are flexible & can be changed with 30 days notice. Just contact us to make changes.
Course Hours: 9 PM to 12 PM
1 PM to 4 PM
A non-refundable deposit of 250$ is required for this course and is good for 1 full year from the payment date. You can pay in full before the start of the class.
Committed to Culinary World
Siam Carving Academy (SCA) welcomes students from all over the world to learn the culinary art of Kae Sa Lak (Fruit and Vegetable Carving). Our courses are directed by International award-winning and distinguished Master Carver Wan Hertz and her team.
Wan Hertz and her team bring over 30 years of experience and a lifelong passion for the very sophisticated Thai Culinary Art of Fruit & Vegetable Carving to our instruction.
P.D. Mansion suite 802 130/1 Soi Rung Rueang, Hwaykwang Bangkok 10310
English +66 082 200 1197 / Thai+66 061 990 1926